The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Not One Less

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 10: Lost and Found
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bhan@gordonconwell.edu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:55 pm    Post subject: Not One Less Reply with quote

The examples of the real life shepherds in this section is very touching. I am reminded of a movie I watched nearly 20 years ago called Not One Less. It is a Chinese movie made by a famous director, Zhang Yimou. This movie is about a middle school aged girl who becomes a substitute teacher for a month at a small school in a very rural part of China. This young teacher completely goes out of her way to find and bring back a student who left school to work in a nearby city. This student wanted to run away from school as much as he needed to find work. The young school teacher left me with a strong impression how protective a shepherd should be of his sheep. There are many who are like the lost sheep in this world. There are also the children of God who will wander off into the wilderness. The temptations of this world and the desires of the flesh can lure the sheep away from the rest of the flock. John 10 is a clear reminder of the dangers the sheep of Jesus can face. I personally commit to go after every lost sheep like the shepherds in this book and also the teacher from the movie Not One Less.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 10: Lost and Found
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: