The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

“Shepherding requires us at times to .........”

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 15: PROTECTION
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ambassador_of_Hope

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:42 am    Post subject: “Shepherding requires us at times to .........” Reply with quote

Day 15
Protection

“Shepherding requires us at times to lobby and advocate with resolve and to organize efforts against popular opinion. Shepherding requires us to “speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves.”
Ultimately, shepherding requires an identification with our flock that leads to personal risk and sacrifice.”

Twenty five years ago, Memaw, my precious mother in law, was immersing herself in the Hebrew family traditions and was regularly promoting them to us in an attempt to influence a transition to living together as extended family. My wife Becky and Memaw began crisscrossing and viewing numerous different houses that were set up for extended family living including a suitable house about a mile away. Against popular opinion I pronounced, I believe God has called us to the block where we live. My impression deflated the balloon of hope for extended family living. Our neighborhood was established and the dream now seemed unlikely to happen. The crisscrossing stopped and the only noise was silent prayers for Gods leading and provision. Six months or so later a phone call was made announcing an opportunity to purchase one of the only undeveloped lots on our block. That call resulted in a purchase of the lot, construction of a new extended family home in a park like setting. And our existing home, six hundred yards away, transitioned to family including four nephews. But God!

In one week, I will be promoting my successor to President of the company I currently own, ending a long season of carrying that responsibility. Five years ago I wrote about branding myself as a shepherd. I now turn this flock over to another capable shepherd. But I don’t see my role as a shepherd ending, only changing fields and using my experience to see, develop, seek and protect sheep. Like God, who is the same yesterday, today and forever, shepherding never changes.

6/11/2021
Dave Dassoulas
dave@hopebuilders.com
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 15: PROTECTION
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: