The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Good shepherd needs to feed him/herself well

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 7: Feed My Sheep
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skang5

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:06 am    Post subject: Good shepherd needs to feed him/herself well Reply with quote

In this chapter "Feed My Sheep," Dr. Laniak mentions when Jesus talked about leading, he meant mostly feeding. In Luke chapter 12, Jesus tells us how blessed is the servant when he is found distributing the food when He returns. This shows how important it is for those who are called to be a shepherd to feed the flock with nutrient food for their spiritual health. However, it doesn't seem possible unless the shepherds feed themselves well. It's like a mother feeding an infant with her breast milk but she herself is completely malnutrition. The baby can't receive all the necessary nutrition through the mother. Likewise, before we try to feed our flock, we must constantly check whether we are well nourished first.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 7: Feed My Sheep
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: