The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Speak up

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 22: Justice
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ambassador_of_Hope

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:13 am    Post subject: Speak up Reply with quote

Day 22 Justice

Sitting across a table over lunch, a loyal soldier sat and listened as he was reassigned to a lesser role. His appetite for food dissipated. The fork stayed put on the napkin. I asked him to trust me. To embrace the new assignment. He could barely speak. A women sitting alone at the table next to us slipped him a note. It read, “If God closes one door, He opens a better one. Praying for you. God bless you!” Looking back, I now wonder if she was an angel. For the next six months my friend and coworker Jeff engaged with customers and staff, producing great results. With his former department languishing, he was reassigned. A broader foundation and skill set led to an increase in responsibility. He now leads all customer operations for the company.

God fought the battle. Light shined, exposing motivations, limitations and removing barriers. The fruit of the Spirit: loyalty, trust, diligence, courage and boldness proved mightier than the sword. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I can fear no evil when I remember the rod and staff is the Lord’s!

11/11/2021 Veterans Day US
Dave Dassoulas
dave@hopebuilders.com

(Used with permission)
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 22: Justice
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: