The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Maria

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 32: Indigenous Leadership
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ambassador_of_Hope

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:36 am    Post subject: Maria Reply with quote

Day 32 Indigenous Leadership

Tim Birdseye was now on his own. Becky and I had pulled out in late December to embark on a decades old goal of a month long sabbatical in the south. With only one year functioning as Vice President of Hope, Tim was responsible for all aspects of the business in my absence. Looking back, he functioned similar to the “Maria”described in this chapter. In spite of his lack of experience and confidence, others looked at Tim and saw a rock. The loyalty and faithfulness of our staff, transferred from me to Tim like a watercourse. The success of that goal led to additional annual breaks. Four succeeding and increasing winter breaks led to a change in leadership. The first generation of change since the inception of the company. Now I cheer from the sidelines, watching Tim lead well from the front, side and rear.

Regardless of which style employed, I’m hopeful of his leadership, that like mine, was rooted in his confidence in the Lord, the sheep secure in where we are and where we’re going. And where are we going? Following The Good Shephard who places us on The Rock. Lord, chain us to The Rock, cover us in and with The Rock. Rock of Ages Cleft for me, may I hide myself in you.

4/27/2022
Dave Dassoulas
dave@hopebuilders.com
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 32: Indigenous Leadership
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: