The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

When I sleep, God is awake!

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 27: My Sleepless Shepherd
View previous topic :: View next topic  
minsdad21

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:01 pm    Post subject: When I sleep, God is awake! Reply with quote

Day 27 – My Sleepless Shepherd
“The safety of God’s flock is ultimately assured by God’s unwavering vigilance always to keep one eye open.” (P.183)

The true meaning of life is fulfilled only when we realize that we are fully dependent upon God and therefore we should live our lives for His glory. God renews us. God restores us. Shepherds guide their sheep through treacherous paths around the mountainsides. The prophet Jeremiah talked about false prophets and quoted God as saying, “My people have been lost sheep; their shepherds have led them astray and caused them to roam on the mountains” (Jeremiah 50:6).
God will never mislead or misguide us. As he guides, everything will line up. We don’t need to know where we are going if we know God is leading. Our God has our back and He is our ultimate security. We require to sleep every single day of our lives, but the One who sustains us does not. We will go to sleep tonight, but God does not sleep or slumber. What a great assurance it is! God did not have to create us such that every night our bodies are totally worn down. We have to lay down like a sack of potatoes and go unconscious for a number of hours in order to recharge and go again. God made us in such a way that we have to sleep. And while we sleep, God keeps going. Therefore, it’s a pretty humbling thing that we are creatures who must sleep. And it brings us to yet one more difference between us and our Creator because He never sleeps and this is really good news.
When we lay our heads down at night, we can fall asleep knowing that the One who sustains all things and the One who holds all things together. And the One who loves us and is committed to caring for us and providing for us is working even while we are sleeping.
God, we praise You and we are so thankful that You are working for us all day long. You’re providing us breath. You’re providing everything we need to live, to walk through whatever we’re experiencing during the day, and when we lay down at night, You’re working on our behalf. You never stopped working for the good of Your people, for the glory of Your name. You’re working for the fulfillment of Your good purposes. We trust in you when we’re awake and we trust in you when we’re asleep. And we find all of our confidence in you, the One who never slumbers and never sleeps!
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 27: My Sleepless Shepherd
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: