The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Feed Well

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 7: Feed My Sheep
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjoshuakim

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:11 am    Post subject: Feed Well Reply with quote

“Perhaps we do feed our people well, but do not teach them how to feed themselves.” Wow. This really got me. As I was reflecting on feeding well, I was amening every single line. Coming from a denomination that heavily emphasizes teaching as the main gift of a shepherd, this was what I was trained for. I was told to teach. I was told to guard the doctrine. I was told to defend the faith. But teach them how to feed themselves? No!!! That means I have to walk with them. Show them how to eat. And feed them when they are in need!!!

I am reminded of Ezra’s commitment. He studied and practiced the Word first to teach others well.

Ezra 7:10 For Ezra had devoted himself to the study and observance of the Law of the Lord, and to teaching its decrees and laws in Israel.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 7: Feed My Sheep
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: