The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Day 2: Provision

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Open Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abbott1126

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:31 pm    Post subject: Day 2: Provision Reply with quote

The question "What does it take to be a shepherd?" is a good question, but also an important reminder, what kind of pastor should we be? As a shepherd, first of all, we believe that this is a call from God, and since it is a call from God, shepherdship is not a profession to provide for the family but a mission to take care of the sheep God has given us. Therefore, the shepherd is supposed to be a minister who cares for the flock with a heart; to provide the flock with the spiritual food of life, which is the Word of God, to rejoice when the flock has gone astray is found, and finally to know that the actual Great Shepherd is the Lord Jesus Christ and that both the called shepherd and the ordinary congregation will come to the Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ provides us with everything we need, bringing us true peace and the hope of eternal life. In the fourth gospel, Jesus proclaims who he is:
Jesus said, “I am the light of the world.” (John 8:12)
Jesus said, “I am the bread of life.” (John 6:35)
Jesus said, “I am the door of the sheep.” (John 10:7)
Jesus said, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life.” (John 14:6)
Jesus said, “I am the resurrection and life.” (John 11:25
Jesus said, “I am the vine.” (John 15:5)
Jesus said, “I am the good shepherd.” (John 10:11)
Therefore, the proclamation of Jesus Christ in the Gospel of John has given us everything. Jesus is the source of all and provides everything we need.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Open Forum
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: