The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Double Vision Required

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 28: GUIDANCE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ragamuffin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Double Vision Required Reply with quote

This was one of those entries that make me think, "Wow, God made me a leader!" and then "Wow, God made me a leader?" Both a sacred and a scary proposition.

The description of Husein's deft yet delicate care for the flock at large and a couple of sheep in particular with the elements bearing down was both affirming (haven't we all felt the same sense of urgency?) but it was also so very convicting. He had the big picture clearly in view but he also had the individual sheep clearly in view. I have to confess to losing sight of one or the other in the press of ministry.

Yet that is precisely why I need to be led as much as to lead. And, in the end, both are opportunities for joy. I don't have to lead. I get to lead. I don't have to be led. I get to be led.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 28: GUIDANCE
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: